About Bromsgrove School

Bromsgrove School is a co-educational independent public school with 540 years history who has excellent student performance and high reputation among schools in the world.

Bromsgrove School UK

History

Bromsgrove School, founded in 1553, is a co-educational independent public school in the Worcestershire town of Bromsgrove, England. It is a charity. The school comprises of kindergarten, primary, and secondary sections for a total of around 1,700 boarding and day-school pupils and a teaching staff of 240. It is a founder member of the Headmasters' Conference (HMC)

The school, which is now 540 years old, was first mentioned as a Chantry School in 1476 and was re-established as a Tudor Grammar School between 1548 and 1553. The financial endowment of Sir Thomas Cookes in 1693 produced the first buildings on the present site. It shares an historic link with Worcester College, Oxford, in its coat of arms and motto, based on those of Thomas Cookes of Norgrove. John Day Collis became Headmaster in December 1842. The tercentenary of the grammar school was celebrated on 31 March 1853. In 1856 Collis had the chapel and new school rooms built, and existing buildings enlarged and improved.

In 1869 Bromsgrove was one of the fourteen founding schools of the Headmasters' Conference. During the Second World War the school was moved temporarily to Llanwrtyd Wells in Wales, and its buildings used by British government departments. In 2002 the school established Bromsgrove International School Thailand (BIST) in Thailand.

Present Day

In Bromsgrove’s most recent Inspection in 2016, the Prep and Senior School were rated EXCELLENT in every category.

Pupils at Bromsgrove UK study the Creative Curriculum in the Prep and Pre-Prep moving to IGCSEs and then onto A levels and IB in the Sixth Form. Academic results are outstanding.

Please click here for Bromsgrove UK’s academic results 2016.